Who You'll Meet
When you come in for surgery at Luminis Health you may meet:
- Advanced practice practitioners. These are nurse practitioners (NP) or physician assistants (PA) who may examine you, assist with the surgical procedures, and monitor your progress and recovery.
- An anesthesiologist. This is a doctor specially trained to keep you asleep and comfortable during your operation.
- A clinical pharmacist. This is a doctor of pharmacy who works closely with your doctors and nurses to make sure medications ordered for you are safe and effective while you're in the hospital.
- A dietitian. Your dietitian can explain and offer suggestions to improve your nutrition.
- Occupational therapists. These therapists evaluate, assist, and implement daily living activities, like bathing, shaving and household chores.
- Patient care technicians. These caregivers assist you with showers and other basic care.
- Physical therapists. These therapists evaluate, assist, and implement activities, like walking and strengthening exercises.
- Social workers or case managers. They have special training in your home care needs and issues surrounding leaving the hospital.