Regular contact with a primary care provider may help you live a longer, healthier life. We provide care for mental and physical health conditions, plus preventative care, to help you become your best self.
Our team of providers includes physicians (MDs and DOs), nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Over time, our providers get to know you, becoming a trusted source of medical information and advice.
Primary Care Treatment and Services
At Luminis Health, our providers are here to assist you with all the ways you want to improve your health. Some of the services we offer include:
- Routine physicals and annual wellness visits
- Sick care
- Management of hypertension, diabetes and other chronic conditions
- Treatment of headaches, joint pain or back pain
- Referrals for cancer screenings
- Treatment or referrals to manage anxiety and depression
- Prescription refills
Seeking treatment when you have a problem
Whether you have a cough, headache, urinary tract infection, muscle strain or other acute condition, our team of primary care providers assesses your health and provides treatment.
We can help you manage most conditions without referring you to a specialist. If need be, we can recommend specific providers and help expedite care when you need an appointment with a specialist.
Our providers are also skilled at diagnosing and managing anxiety and depression. We may provide counseling, suggest lifestyle changes or prescribe medication as needed.
We've partnered with the Luminis Health behavioral health team, so we can guide you when a referral may benefit your well-being.
Wellness visits help you stay healthier
Regularly scheduled wellness visits allow you to stay informed about your health. During routine physicals, our providers check your vital signs and screen you for common conditions, like hypertension and diabetes.
We ask about your exercise and lifestyle habits, as well as your personal health goals. Together, you and your provider can discuss strategies to help you achieve those goals and avoid or cut health risks.
Preventative care is an important aspect of primary care. Our providers can help you stay up to date on vaccinations and recommend age-appropriate cancer screenings.
If you're 65 or older, your wellness screening also includes assessments of your physical mobility and cognitive ability.
Your partner in managing chronic conditions
Regular doctor visits are critical when managing a chronic health condition. We assess your health and check for complications that can arise.
Our providers can also help you address personal challenges that may prevent you from managing your health effectively.
We offer a patient-centered approach to disease management. This means we take your preferences into consideration when creating a treatment plan to manage your condition.
Together, you and your provider can decide upon lifestyle modifications. Things like changes to your diet and exercise routine can help improve your health.
Providers who are committed to your care
To offer you the best care, all of our physicians are board-certified in family medicine, internal medicine and/or pediatrics.
Board-certified physicians undergo additional training in their specialty. Plus, they maintain their certification by staying current in their specialty through continuing medical education.
Our physician assistants and nurse practitioners are also certified and maintain their certifications.
You can see one specific provider at every visit if you prefer, but our entire team is available should you need an appointment quickly.
We offer same-day or next-day appointments to address time-sensitive issues. We also offer telemedicine for added convenience.
Our providers collaborate to provide you with optimal care, so you're in good hands no matter which provider you see.
Our Providers (301)
- Luminis Health Community Clinic Morris Blum
- Luminis Health Community Clinic Forest Drive
- Luminis Health Primary Care Annapolis
- Luminis Health Primary Care Bowie
- Luminis Health Primary Care Centreville
- Luminis Health Primary Care Crofton
- Luminis Health Primary Care District Heights
- Luminis Health Primary Care Easton
- Luminis Health Primary Care Edgewater
- Luminis Health Primary Care Gambrills
- Luminis Health Primary Care Kent Island
- Luminis Health Primary Care Lanham
- Luminis Health Primary Care Largo
- Luminis Health Primary Care Laurel
- Luminis Health Primary Care Mitchellville Rd
- Luminis Health Primary Care Pasadena
- Luminis Health Primary Care Riverdale
- Luminis Health Primary Care Temple Hills