The LHDCMC Behavioral Health Pavilion is in a newly renovated building on our Lanham campus. It currently provides outpatient services and will offer inpatient services by the end of 2022.
A brand-new program, the center offers Prince George's County residents access to high-quality mental health and substance use services.
The 31,000-square-foot center includes:
- Outpatient therapy and medication management.
- Walk-in urgent care for non-life-threatening behavioral health issues.
- A partial hospitalization program (a psychiatric day program), opening in Fall 2022.
- An 8-bed residential substance abuse program, opening in Fall 2022.
- A 16-bed inpatient psychiatric unit, opening by the end of 2022.
- Prevention programs and family support services.
Because of longstanding behavioral health disparities, Prince George's County residents have had a harder time getting care for mental health and substance abuse issues. This new center aims to change that.
Most of the staff and practitioners live right here in the community. We understand the strengths, needs, fears, frustrations, and hopes of people in our community.
Plus, having all behavioral health services together allows us to serve more people in one place for various overlapping issues.