The Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship program at Luminis Health Anne Arundel Medical Center (LHAAMC) gives you the expertise and opportunities you need to advance your career in the specialized field of breast surgery.
Our breast specialists perform more than 7,000 clinical encounters and care for over 600 patients with breast cancer. As a fellow in this program, you will have the opportunity to perform more than 400 surgical procedures including nipple-sparing, skin-sparing, and aesthetically flat closure mastectomies, ultrasound- and image-guided biopsies, image-guided partial mastectomies, and reconstructive surgery assists. In clinic, you will be able to care for a broad range of patients faced with breast conditions both benign and malignant.
In the Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship program, our approach to teaching is no different than our approach to patient care: kind and supportive. We train our fellows to be leaders in breast surgical care, advocate for patients and work at the forefront of breast disease research.
As a fellow in our Breast Surgical Oncology Fellowship program you will have the ability to:
- Provide superb and compassionate clinical care
- Foster a lifelong commitment to innovation and breast disease research
- Direct and understand the many facets and multidisciplinary aspects of a Breast Center
- Provide leadership for colleagues, Breast Center teams, government agencies, and insurance companies to improve breast disease care
- Advocate for your patients
- Articulate research, clinical and patient information in a collaborative and carefully planned manner