Breast cancer may be common, but there are many ways to lower the risk of developing it. At Luminis Health, we believe regular screenings and a healthy lifestyle are the best ways to lower your risk of breast cancer.
Preventative Breast Care
Breast health goes hand-in-hand with your overall health. Eating a healthy diet and managing your weight helps lower your risk of breast cancer.
And the best way to detect breast cancer early is by having regular mammograms. A mammogram is an x-ray of the breast. It can uncover abnormalities, like a lump, before you can feel them.
Luminis Health offers:
- Convenient evening and weekend mammogram appointments.
- Quick results and short wait times.
- Radiologists with special training in breast imaging who interpret every mammogram.
- 3D screening mammograms that give a more accurate look at the breast, which is especially helpful for women with dense breasts.
- Earlier detection of breast cancer and fewer callbacks about harmless abnormalities.
- A Risk Assessment and Prevention Program (RAPP) to identify women at high risk of developing breast cancer.
- Minimally invasive breast surgical procedures.
And we exceed the American College of Radiology's breast imaging requirements by also offering breast ultrasound and breast MRI.
At Luminis Health, we ensure cost is not be a barrier to getting regular mammograms. We have programs and services for those who are uninsured and underinsured.