Phase II is a structured, monitored program typically covered by insurance. A cardiac rehabilitation nurse conducts a thorough initial evaluation to develop an appropriate plan before you start. Our medical director reviews the plan and verifies that it is appropriate for you.
You will be on a heart monitor and your blood pressure will be closely monitored. Blood sugar and other monitoring will be conducted based on your individual needs.
Patients typically come three times a week for an hour each session. Most patients take about 12 weeks to finish their programs. Also, classes and videos about heart-related topics are included during the sessions. We collaborate with your physicians to keep them informed about your progress and keep you healthy while you’re on the road to recovery.
Phase III is a maintenance program that stresses independence in a supervised, unmonitored exercise program. Participants attend classes, get educational materials and confer with professional staff about their heart health. Phase III participants come twice a week for an hour each session. These sessions are intended to supplement other forms of exercise as you continue your journey to better heart health.
Our programs include:
- Exercise training to help you learn how to exercise safely, strengthen your muscles and improve your stamina
- Education, counseling and training to help you understand your condition and find ways to reduce your risk of future health problems
- A friendly and safe environment to discuss your concerns and individual issues
- A convenient location to make it easy to stay on track and attend to other medical needs
- Streamlined scheduling to keep you focused on your health