If you need any tests to ensure you’re in good health for your procedure, your surgeon will give you an order sheet. You may also need medical clearance from your primary care doctor and/or cardiac clearance from your cardiologist. Please schedule all testing as soon as possible. You can schedule blood work for up to 30 days before surgery and EKGs up to six months before surgery.
If you don’t have a primary care doctor or can’t get an appointment before your surgery, call our Pre-Anesthesia Testing (PAT) Center at 443-481-3624 to request an appointment with our nurse practitioner. PAT Center hours are Monday to Friday, 7 am to 3:30 pm.
If your insurance requires testing at an independent testing center, please authorize the center to fax your results to the AAMC Prep Team at 443-481-1844. Bring these items with you to the testing center:
- Doctor’s order sheet
- Insurance cards
- A list of all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications and supplements. Include the name of the medication, the dosage and how often you take it
- A list of your known allergies
- Photo ID/driver’s license
- Names of your primary care physician and specialists
- Any medical records associated with your upcoming procedure