Screening and Prevention Programs
Free Breast and Cervical Screenings
Yearly breast exams, mammograms and Pap screenings can help detect breast and cervical problems early - when they are most treatable. We are making it easier for many women in the area to access these life-saving screenings!
Women in Maryland may qualify for free breast exams, mammograms and Pap tests if they meet the following requirements:
- Maryland resident
- Women ages 40 or older
- Uninsured, underinsured, or insured but not screened
- Limited income
For more information or to register, contact us at 301-552-7724.
Colorectal cancer is often preventable and curable. However, it is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in Maryland.
To help address this concern, Doctors Community Hospital provides free colonoscopies. Community members may qualify for free colonoscopies if they meet specific program requirements:
- Prince George’s County residents
- Age 50 or older
- Age 50 or younger with a family history of colorectal cancer
- Uninsured or underinsured
- All colonoscopies are performed by experienced gastroenterologists at Doctors Community Hospital.
Early breast cancer detection saves lives. With regular breast screenings, you can detect breast cancer earlier – when it is most treatable.
Doctors Community Hospital’s Center for Comprehensive Breast Care is dedicated to accurately diagnosing and effectively treating women who have breast cancer. If you answer yes to the following questions, you may be eligible for a FREE mammogram.
- Are you a Prince George’s County resident?
- Are you uninsured, underinsured or low-income?
- Are you between the ages of 40 and 65?
- If you meet these criteria, call us today to schedule your appointment.
Contact: For more information, please call 301-552-8524.
Diabetes Prevention Program
Designed to help you understand diabetes and give you tips and tools to keep those lifestyle changes in your regular routine, this 12-month, medically supervised program will help you:
- Learn to eat more healthfully
- Incorporate moderate physical activity
- Manage stress
- Stay motivated
- Solve problems that can get in the way of your healthy lifestyle
- For more information and to register please contact the Diabetes & Nutrition Education Center at 301-552-8661.
Register on Eventbrite. Once registered please print and complete enrollment forms and fax to us at 301-552-7882, or you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and to register please contact the Diabetes & Nutrition Education Center at 301-552-8661.